DIVA Answers: “I Want To Know When I’m Ovulating”
How do I calculate my fertility period or peak of my ovulation?
During your menstrual cycle, hormones are released to stimulate your ovaries. An egg stored in your ovaries begins to grow and mature. When the egg is mature, it’s released from your ovaries (ovulation) and travels down the fallopian tubes. Occasionally, more than one egg is released.
Ovulation occurs roughly halfway through your menstrual cycle, usually around 10 to 16 days before the start of your next period.
If your menstrual cycle is 28 days long, this would be around days 13 to 19 of your menstrual cycle.
Some women may recognise signs that they’re ovulating, such as:
1. a change in vaginal secretions, so they become thinner and more stretchy
2. change in body temperature
Other signs such as breast tenderness, bloating, mild abdominal pain and increased sex drive are less reliable.
Some women choose to buy special ovulation prediction kits, which test your temperature or hormone levels to find out when you’re ovulating.
If you don’t notice any signs of ovulation or your periods are irregular, you should contact your doctor.
Leave a Reply
- Important Indications Of A Woman's Fertility
- How To Get Rid Of Stubborn Period Stains
- A Simple Way To Calculate Your Menstrual Cycle
- Skin Changes To Look Out For During Menstruation
- Why You Poop & Fart More During Your Period