The things women have to do to keep the human cycle going! It is an understatement to say they sometimes go through hell they were created to reproduce. For those mature ladies out there who have experienced this situation, you would know what I’m talking about; so you definitely will agree with me that this nemesis called ‘Vaginal Itching’ is not a condition you would always want to look forward to. It is… DREADFUL!
The condition entails the itching of the vagina and/or the vulvar skin that surrounds the vagina. Almost all females experience vaginal itching at some point in their lives; call it a ‘Necessary Evil’… It is almost inevitable as it often comes with ‘The Flow.’ The causes vary from;
– The presence of chemicals in certain beauty products,
– Vaginal infections, particularly yeast infections. Vaginal yeast infections frequently cause vaginal itching, which can oftentimes be severe. OTC treatment for vaginal yeast infections is available, which can ultimately put your discomfort to rest. However, you should only buy and use these products if your doctor has previously diagnosed you with a vaginal yeast infection and you are positive that you have this type of vaginal infection. It is only logical that you consult your physician if you suspect a worsening situation of persistent itching.
– Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), like; bacterial vaginosis (BV), genital herpes, trichomoniasis, and pubic lice.
– Women who have vaginitis, inflammation of the vagina, may also experience vaginal discharge, vaginal odor, and inflammation along with their itching.
Good news though is that this condition can be prevented… and trust me, this ain’t rocket science. You do not need some quack to help fill your head with the need for fetish rituals or life-threatening supplements. Case in point, having a itch-free menstruation is as simple as;
– Practicing good personal hygiene, including keeping your genital area clean and dry, and wiping from front to back after urinating. You could also indulge in the very simple exercise of rhythmically moving your bowel. This helps to prevent vaginal infections, which ultimately leads to the prevention of vaginal itchiness.
– Avoiding certain beauty products such as scented bath soaps, feminine hygiene sprays, colored toilet paper, bubble baths, and vaginal douches; the chemicals in these items (dyes, fragrances) may very much cause irritation, which then results in the dreadful itching.
– Refraining from sexual activity until the symptoms subside. This is because the friction caused by sexual intercourse may worsen the problem.
– Diets like yogurt with live cultures may help prevent the vaginal yeast infections that often occur when women use antibiotics.
– Also, taking lactobacillus acidophilus tablets anytime you take yeast infection antibiotics could go a long way in easing up the itching.
You should not overlook the fact that stress is also a frequent contributor to the development of many health conditions, vaginal itchiness not exempted. Learning some stress relieving techniques may help to reduce or prevent vaginal itching.
Also, notify your doctor immediately if you experience vaginal itching accompanied by severe pelvic or lower abdominal pain, and / or a fever; or itching of any type whatsoever.