The year 2015 is coming to an end and this is a time where most of us reflect on the past year. How well did we do? Did we accomplish everything we set out to do? Did we have any significant milestones? Did we do what we can during the year to steer our life in the direction we desire?
While making new year resolutions are quite common, adequately preparing for them is not. It may seem like you can wait until January 1 to get started, but if you don’t start planning now, you’re setting yourself up for failure.
Here are five simple ways to kick-start your New Year’s resolutions.
1. Start reading. It is important to begin to educate and prepare yourself mentally and the best way to do that is through some great reading material. Feed your mind with successful information and your mind will not be able to do anything else but reflect the information it has been given. Having said this, avoid negative information from reading horrible stories in the newspapers and other forms of media.
2. Make a commitment before the first day of the year. Instead of waiting for the beginning of the year, sign up to the gym now and find a good work out buddy to help you keep yourself accountable. Educate yourself on how to eat healthy and apply it to your every day routine. A healthy body will allow for a healthy mind.
3. Clean out your closets or garage and donate to your favorite charity by December 31st. You get the write-off and they get use of your items. A win-win for all!
4. Join a mastermind group. Mastermind groups are fantastic for keeping you accountable and to be encouraged by other like minded individuals who genuinely want for you to succeed. You can find them in your area or you can even start one yourself. There are also some great mastermind groups online where you can meet like minded individuals all over the globe.
5. Clearing your mind and heart of weight helps give you energy and allows you to focus on the path ahead. This is the time to make commitments you will keep. No empty promises. Be the person you truly wish to be and let this be the year you begin that journey.
Go into this New Year with hope and wonder.