There are many different kinds of parental relationships. Some children are the spitting image of their parents and their parents before them but, sometimes children’s personalities and interests are the complete opposite of their parents. Although each relationship is individual, there is one universal truth. Mothers and daughters have a physical and emotional connection that can’t be denied. Mothers know firsthand what it’s like to be a little girl, the struggles of being a teenage girl, and the excitement and challenges of venturing out on their own. This is why most of them are very keen on helping their daughter(s) through that inevitably winding path.
Here are a couple of things your mother might tell you which you must follow adeptly;
1. Envy is natural but should only make you inspired or motivated.
2. Don’t judge others, it only reflects on you.
3. Give to those truly in need. It makes you a better person.
4. Take pride in your appearance. Do not copy others.
5. Smile often, it helps your mood as well as that of others.
6. Be the kind of person you admire.
7. Don’t let others’ image of you be your guide.
8. Protect your body, it’s the only one you will ever get.
9. Allow yourself to have your own dreams and chase them.
10. Make it a priority to spend time alone.
11. Set your own boundaries and stick to them.
12. Organize your thoughts and feelings before speaking.
13. Don’t get caught up in fantasies.
14. Be compassionate without being foolish.
15. Never get too busy not to have fun once in a while.
16. Saying hurtful, nasty things to people only makes you mean.
17. Expand your vocabulary so you can express yourself effectively.
18. Let your inner strength, not fear, guide you forward every day.
19. Keep a personal diary.
20. Don’t put do anything on the internet that wouldn’t profit you.
There are certain lessons only a mother can teach. A grandmother may not be as close, neither might sister have enough wisdom. So it is up to your Mom to initiate heart-to-heart matters. So when she does this, give her very close attention. Although it can be a difficult subject to broach, your greatest gift to your mother might just be the knowledge and wisom to face tough times and come out stronger.
Are you a Mom? Do you have any other advice to add to this list?
What is the most important advice your Mom gave you?